Wesbron Job Vacancies
Position: Construction Health & Safety Officer
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
Salary: Market Related
- 4 years’ experience.
- Duly registered with the SACPCMP as a CHSO (no candidate registrations)
- Incident Investigator & Risk Assessor competencies
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Understandable knowledge of the OHS Act, fall protection, scaffolding, firefighting, hazard identification and risk assessment.
- Own reliable transport
- Must reside in KZN
- Must have previous leadership or managerial experience
- Previous experience within the Construction, Infrastructure sectors
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong engagement and management skills
- Must be a team player
- Candidate must be a self-starter and able to take initiative where and if needed
- Good knowledge of current technical building requirements
- Ability to build strong working relationships with a wide range of people
- Proactive with strong problem solving ability
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct health & safety inductions
- Facilitate toolbox talks and DSTI’s
- Manage the physical site condition in a safe and health manner.
- Conduct contractor audits.
- Prepare audit reports
- Conduct inspection of site equipment including lifting equipment.
- Facilitate training
- Compile task specific method statements for high-risk activities
- Implement the company health & safety management system.
- Perform periodic site inspections
- Take the lead in accident investigations
Details About The Role
- Friendly team
- Opportunities for further training and self-development
- Full time position
The initial interview will be conducted via Zoom.
Please email your CV to email@example.com