A Health and Safety File, contains crucial documentation of specialized knowledge to assist with the management of health and safety on construction sites. This file also serves as protection against criminal liability by proving compliance to the required regulations.
The South African law with regards to a Health and Safety file Wesbron’s Construction Safety File services
By law, every contractor and sub-contractor is required to have a Health and Safety File. The occupational health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 and the Construction Regulations of 2014, states that the file must be available at all times. Furthermore, the Act and Regulations states:
- Regulation 5(1)(s) – The client needs to ensure that the file (contemplated in regulation (1)(b) is maintained and kept by the contractor.
- Regulation 7(1)(b) – It is the responsibility of the contractor to open and keep (on site) a Health and Safety file. This file must be available to be viewed by an inspector, a client and the client’s contractor or agent.
It is of utmost importance that the file is maintained and audited by competent site safety personnel.
Wesbron’s Construction Safety File services
- Inspection registers
- Assessment reports
- Minutes of safety meetings
- Safety Plan
- Safety communication (e.g. Toolbox talks)
- Safe work procedures (Site Specific)
- Fall Protection plan (if required)
- Incident reporting procedures
- Incident reports (General Administrative Regulation 9 (3) – Annexure 1)
- Incident registers
- Contractor appointment letter. (Construction Regulation 5(3)(k) of the OHS A)
- 37(2) Agreement between client and contractor
- Reports of accidents
- Emergency preparedness documents
- First aid documents
- Induction records
- Medical surveillance records
- Registers (task and site specific, e.g. Confined space, PPE issue, hand tools etc.)
- Risk Assessments
- Legal appointment with proof of training (Ex. Chief Executive Officer, Risk Assessor, First Aider etc.)
- Letter of Good Standing
- Material Safety Data Sheets for hazardous materials used (if required)
- Notification of Construction Work
- Copy of the OHS Act
- Company Occupational Health and Safety Management Plan
- Company Occupational Health and Safety Policy
Do not delay in grabbing the opportunity to have your Health and Safety File sorted by our professional and experienced team!
Call Us Today