Position: Construction Health & Safety Officer
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
Package and Remuneration:
Salary: R15 000 – R20 000 per month.
Area: Western Cape (Office Based in Stellenbosch)
- Grade 12
- SAMTRAC or NEBOSCH IGC
- Registration with the SACPCMP (CHSO)
- Computer literacy and demonstrated ability in MS Office
- Valid driver’s license
- 3 years’ experience in Health & Safety, consulting experience will be advantageous
- Incident Investigator, Fall Protection Plan Developer & Risk Assessor competencies.
- Excellent leadership and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Understandable knowledge of the OHS Act, fall protection, scaffolding, firefighting, hazard identification and risk assessment.
- Team Player
- Willingness to travel
- Be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Fast learner, willingness to learn, and self-starter.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
Job Description: Health & Safety Officer
- Provide support on overall compliance with OHS legal requirements (OHS Act & Regulations) and mitigate the contractors liability in terms of the ACT.
- Implement and maintain a detailed Health & Safety Plan for contractors.
- Conduct health & safety audits aligned with the Act and Health & Safety Specifications.
- Prepare and deliver site specific health & safety files.
- Drafting and implementing risk assessments and safe work procedures.
- Drafting and implementing Health & Safety Policies.
- Conducting incident investigations and providing reports to the client and Department of Labour.
- Training the client’s employees through inductions, toolbox talks and advocacy proceedings.
- Drafting and implementing emergency preparedness and response procedures
Company vehicle (work purposes only), laptop, cell phone allowance, iPad